Monday, October 8, 2007

the weekend

The weekend goes by too fast. Seems like it was just Friday and all of the sudden here we are at Monday again. yuck.

It was a good weekend at least. We were busy busy.

Friday night we went to the Alemany homecoming football game, which was a little boring actually not to mention we were freezing! But at least it was something to do. The kids played soccer on Saturday morning and then we went with the Shanahans to Irwindale Speedway which is always a good time...and it was about 10 degrees warmer than it had been at the football game 24 hours earlier. Thank God.

Sunday morning we shopped for a little while at the outdoor mall in Simi and then went to Cowboy Day at Underwood family farm in Thousand Oaks. It was warmer than I was expecting but otherwise it was really fun. First stop was the hat stand to get them cowboy hats and then we spent 4 hours walking around, eating junk food and picking pumpkins. I think their favorite part was the tractor ride around the farm or drinking lemonade through licorice straws.

My least favorite part was when my camera lens starting making a familiar squeaking sound when it tried to autofocus and I realized that I was reliving the death of my last 18-135mm lens. Apparently I'll be going to Hooper's today. I'm hoping that they are going to be as nice about it as they were last time because I did a little research and discovered many many people have had the exact same issue with this lens. I'm not happy about it.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the farm.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: