Tuesday, October 9, 2007

All alone...

Carrie and the boys are out for the night. This hardly ever happens! Usually we are all together or I have the kids and she's at work or with Jeff or what-not. Very very rarely (in fact I can't remember the last time it happened)am I ever home alone.

It feels weirder than I would expect. God knows there are times during most days where I would give anything to have some quiet time to myself, but when it happens I never know what to do with myself. Actually, I'm kind of bored!

They left a half hour ago and I started putting away laundry and doing dishes...I really had to stop and remind myself that this is my chance to do something fun! Although I have to say it's nice to do those menial chores without having to stop every few minutes to break up a fight or redirect some bad choices or administer a time out!

Coincidentally I happened to buy two books today (Louder Than Words by Jenny McCarthy and Rosie's new book Celebrity Detox). I hear them calling my name. I might even read more than one chapter without falling asleep. I usually don't read until right before bed and sleep always comes quickly, no matter how hard I try to fight it.

I should go to the gym.

I doubt that it will happen.

Whoa, there is something majorly on fire very close to the house....sooooo much black smoke in the sky. I'm gonna go take pictures. Bye.

No comments: