Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Pink shoes to the bank.

At least once a day this scenario plays out.

I say

"we are leaving in ten minutes, find your shoes and get them on"

and I hear

"I can't find my shoes"

and I say

"you haven't even looked for them, you have ten minutes. Find your shoes"

"I can't find them and I've looked EVERYWHERE" (really, from that spot where you are sitting with your Lego's you've looked everywhere from THAT spot....hmmm"

"it doesn't even have to be the last pair you had on (although that seems easiest and most logical), find any shoes. 8 minutes."

Someone usually ends up in tears and I usually end up finding the shoes. Hence the crying technique...they aren't stupid. blind yes. stupid no.

If I said there is a chocolate bar somewhere in the house Gentry would have it in half eaten in under 10 minutes. Guaranteed. And McKay could find his crayons or his bike helmet in no time flat.

I think what I'll do is buy some girls shoes as keep them as a fall back. Anyone that can't find their shoes in the allotted time wears pink shoes for the rest of the day. Something tells me this problem may be solved very quickly. And if pink shoes don't phase them I may have a bigger problem on my hands.

No comments: