Saturday, October 20, 2007

Time of my life

Traffic was horrible last night. It took me about 4 hours to get down to San Diego. And yet, even though I hate traffic with a fiery passion...somehow it didn't seem that bad. I think mostly because it was just me alone in the car. I got to choose what cd's I listened to, I rolled down my windows and enjoyed the alone time...with nobody in the back seat fighting or messing with their window or whining about how long it was taking, or begging to listen to a kids CD!

Don't get me wrong, I miss the kids. But I miss them in a good way, like just enough that I'll be glad to see them tomorrow but not enough that I would cut the trip short!

I was a little sad this morning when I woke up at 10(!) and thought about McKays soccer game starting. But, I'll be there for all of the rest of his games and being able to sleep till 10 was amazing. I can't remember the last time I slept past 8 (and even that is a rare occasion, most days we're up by 7).

Today has been excellent. I went to lunch with my friend Jenny at this fun sports place and then went for coffee alone and wandered around downtown taking pictures and enjoying the scenery for hours. Then Stacey and I went to a bar where my friend Kari (from highschool) works. Totally out of my comfort zone, but it was a blast!! It was so good to see Kari, she's always fun.

I love San Diego! I really needed this trip. I'm so glad to be here.

Something about this city makes me feel very patriotic. I think it's all of the Navy ships in the harbor or something, who knows...but I feel it for some reason. And there is so much to do here, so much to see. Too bad it's so expensive or I would move here in a minute!

Pictures to come later.

Tomorrow, back to the real world. I'll be ready.

2 comments:

SpooWriter said...

Traffic and San Diego seem to go together...but at least this time you didn't have to spent all four hours singing The Brady Bunch song to Patrick to keep him from screaming. :-)

Amie said...

so true. :)