Sunday, November 4, 2007

Time.

One of the downsides to daylight saving time is that the kids were half asleep at 6:30 tonight. It was all I could do to stretch bedtime to 7:10. Bedtime stories were a little more animated than usual, because otherwise neither of them would have made it past the first page. This of course means that they will be up extra early tomorrow. Oh joy.

Also, on a totally unrelated topic...I went to visit some friends last night and on the way home I passed a house that had. wait. It's hard for me to type this.

Ok.

They had Christmas Decorations out.

C'mon people. Time is already flying by. Please don't help it by getting ready for Christmas weeks before we've even made ourselves sick on turkey and pie. Please. I'm all for holiday decorations, so fly a pilgrim flag or put together a cornacopia or hang a turkey made from your kids handprint somewhere. But please please please don't put out your Christmas decorations just yet. The Halloween Candy isn't even gone yet. And that's not for lack of trying, let me remind you.

And with that another weekend is behind us.

2 comments:

SpooWriter said...

Heh. I was at Walmart the other day (don't judge me) and they had Christmas stuff out. I was traumatized.

I remember being in ceramics class and R would be talking about decorating his dad's house -- but it was always his Thanksgiving day project.

Of course, thanks to November starting on a Thursday, you do realize that Thanksgiving is 3 weeks away, yeah?

kelly said...

It's Christmas at Costco too. And, I am sad to admit this, but I stopped and browsed at Christmas decor.
Then, my 6 year old said, "Is it Christmas already?" ...and I snapped out of it.