Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanks

In case I don't post anything tomorrow, Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't believe the holidays are already here...it's seems like I was just complaining about people putting up their Christmas decorations way too early, and now it's just about appropriate!

I posted a while back about some things that I was thankful for, and while they were all very true...many were just random conveniences in my life, some were even plain silly. In the spirit of why we are celebrating tomorrow I just wanted to say that in all honesty and sincerity I am very grateful for so many things.

It's overwhelming sometimes to think about all of the things that I take for granted. It's hard to comprehend the circumstances that people in other countries (or other parts of this country, even) are faced with every single day. I complain about traffic, and bills, and not having enough time in the day...and in fact I am extremely blessed to drive a safe car and have electricity and running water.

I'm grateful for my education and for the the choices that my parents made while I was growing up. I'm grateful for my friends and my family because I have people that support me and care about me and that is priceless.

I couldn't possibly even begin to say all of the things that I am thankful for...I have so much more than so many people both tangible and non, and while I also have a lot less than some...I feel very blessed at this point in my life to be where I am.


I'm excited to spend the day tomorrow with people that I care about, laughing and cooking and especially eating! I'm going to try a few new recipes and hope that I don't make a fool out of myself :) (I'm certainly not the best in the kitchen!)

And if I can con anyone into going with me, I'll be shopping on Friday! For some sick reason I love the madness of Black Friday. Not even so much for the savings but just for the energy that people give it and for the fact that it means that Christmas is near!

Now, I've been neglecting my Tivo this week...and it's calling out to me...so I'm off to catch up on all of the nonsense that I find so enjoyable!

Goodnight, and gobble gobble!

No comments: