Thursday, November 8, 2007

Happy Thursday

I've been in a funk lately. I don't know why. But I can feel it and I don't like it. My attitude has been very negative, I've been complaining a lot, nothing seems to make me happy. It's ugly.

I've decided that it has to stop. Instead of trying to figure out where it's coming from I'm just going to work on changing it.

So, I cute off all of my hair. I'm not really sure how that will help, but it feels like a change might help drive the funk out of town.

And in an effort to look at things on the bright side, here are some things that I'm thankful for...

1. Not being lactose intolerant.
2. Having all of my teeth.
3. Literacy
4. Being an American
5. Not having cancer
6. Both of my parents are still alive
7. The boys never have to go to bed hungry
8. Parks
9. Public libraries
10. good friends
11. the internet
12. health insurance
13. Nobody in our family has a major food allergy
14. having a reliable car
15. feeling loved
16. my camera
17. my gym membership
18. McKay and Gentry are kind, loving kids (for the most part!)
19. not having to use a laundry mat
20. being able to be home during the day
21. Both kids are potty trained
22. Our dog doesn't bite, or bark unnecesarilly, or run off when the front door opens
23. I don't know anybody in jail
24. the kids artwork
25. unexpected hugs and "ilove you"'s
26. my dishwasher
27. sarcasm
28. positive childhood memories
29. family vacations
30. my home

This is just a random list off of the top of my head and I'm grateful for being able to think of 30 things in 2 minutes to be thankful for. I have a blessed life.

Funk be gone!

No comments: