Thursday, January 31, 2008

I don't need MORE noise.

Thank you Kelly for the offer. Almost nothing I worry about is logical...so I probably wont need him too often. I'll just remind myself not to be a neurotic mess and hopefully that will work. :)

Now, onto a new topic. My Tivo remote.

It hates me.

The pause button has decided to become volume up. Volume up is still volume up. Fast Forward is Volume up. Volume down turns the tv off. All of the other buttons are preforming their intended function. Leaving me exactly 3 ways to turn the volume up and exactly NO ways to turn it down (aside from getting my butt up and doing it the old fashion way).

No one in the house will fess up and tell me that they perhaps dropped it in the tiolet, ran it over with a monster truck, put it in the microwave, the dishwasher or the washing machine...and there are no signs of foul play. So who knows?

I may just throw the stupid thing at the wall.

If I do, I'm not appologizing to the wall or the remote.

1 comment:

SpooWriter said...

I'm not near my TiVo at the moment to double-check, but it sounds like someone told it it was interfacing with a different TV. My TV isn't actually supported (cough! cheap non-name brand Walmart TV cough!) but my mom's is...it's under setup somewhere.

Of course, the fact that someone managed to find a combination that worked at all, even in unexpected ways, is quite amusing. Sounds like something one of my kiddos would stumble on.