Wednesday, January 23, 2008

There are worse things than being a goat.

I had a date on Friday night. While this is a rare enough occurrence to be blogworthy on it's own, it is not the date so much that is inspiring this post. Not directly at least...

It was a first date. A blind date actually. It was a last minute thing.

So, in an effort not to reveal my goat like characteristics(mainly my hairy chin. I don't eat tin cans or anything) right off the bat, I thought I should probably wax the little suckers. Usually I have it done professionally, but not on a regular enough basis, mostly just when I start feeling extra manly. And I haven't been in awhile. This occurred to me as I was getting ready. So I dug the store bought wax out from under the sink. I've used it before, once I think. I remembered that it was really messy and a pain because you have to use the wax quickly because it hardens in seconds, and since I have a lot of hairs to get rid of that is no small feat. But, I also remembered that hairy faced girls aren't attractive so I carried out the painful messy task. Problem solved.

Or so I thought.

My face was smooth as could be, and I guess that's all I can really ask for, right? I went on my date and he didn't offer to let me use his razor or anything so I figured I was ok. I was really tired when I got home and just washed my face and went to bed. Saturday morning I woke up with a rash all over my chin. An ugly gross red rash. ON MY FACE. A rash much more noticeable than any hairs ever were. It's just barely better today. Which means that for the last three days I have had to answer several versions of this question "Wow, what happened?" many many many times. Each time I just bleat and go on with my business.

The date was fun. Hopefully I'll see him again. But not for a few more days.

The wax is in the trash.





Warning: this is totally unrelated to the prior topic.
In Yahoo's top searches today, Michelle Williams was number 1. Heath Ledger was number 5. That's interesting to me.

1 comment:

kelly said...

Girl, I can totally relate.
Good thing the rash didn't show up till after the date was over!

I laughed out loud when I read that you just bleated and went on your way.