Saturday, September 29, 2007

Is anyone else


Really really excited that Las Vegas is back? The two hour season premiere was last night. We watched it while we worked on the banner for Mckays soccer team which needs to be totally done by tomorrow morning for picture day. The show offered a pleasant distraction from the frustrations of all that felt and iron-on adhesive! Loved it, LOVED IT. James Caan is leaving the show, but Tom Selleck is joining and I adore him!! I'm not usually attracted to older men , but he is seriously so sexy. He and Ed Harris, holy moly. But I'm getting off the subject. Las Vegas is back!

In fact, that's another thing that's good about fall...all of my favorite shows start up again! I'm already hooked on Biggest Loser again, and then there's House, and Dancing with the Stars, the Hills (don't judge me!), and soon the Amazing Race will start up and of course American Idol! If only Gilmore Girls was coming back it would be perfect! Ooh, and I highly enjoy the new show, Reaper. It has major potential.

So soccer went of without a hitch today even though only 4 kids showed up from McKays team and his coach was MIA. The other teams coaches helped our boys and we ended up winning 4-1 (er, I mean...we don't keep score). The only real downside was that the fields were extrememly muddy and I was wearing flip flops and jeans that were about an inch too long and we had to walk across the whole park after McKays game to get to the spot where Gentry was going to play. Mud between your toes...no good.

And may I just say that 4 year old soccer might be the funniest thing I have ever seen! They just run everywhere in every direction! And because there aren't actual teams in his division everyone wears the same uniform and it was just a mass of blue shirts and black shorts all over the place! Gentry was adorable in his uniform. He was so proud to be out there playing like a big kid. He was loving it

Until...

they stopped letting the kids just run around with balls and tried to actually get them into a game. Madness! None of the kids had a clue what to do except they all wanted the ball...so much so that about 60 seconds into it just about everyone was crying.

Sobbing.

Including Gentry.

All he kept saying was "I quit! They wont give me the ball! Every time I get it, someone takes it!" and of course we're trying to explain that THAT'S THE POINT !! Oh, and he was extremely fond of throwing himself to the ground any time someone so much as grazed his arm. At one point McKay ran out to help him up. I think he was having a hard time watching his brother struggle with the game.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


After he was done throwing a fit he played a little better and I think he actually enjoyed it. His favorite part was running through the human tunnel at the end. We'll see how next week goes

I'm off to eat some ice cream now.

No comments: